Monday, July 02, 2007






As I said before, I am always going to love visiting Gabarone and Mma Ramotswe and all the people who come to her with problems. There is the mystery of the 3 deaths in the same bed in the same ward, always on a Friday, in the little hosptial in Mma Ramotswe's home village. There is the trouble of a wandering husband with a nagging wife. And there is some real pre-wedding tension between
Mma Makutse and Mma Ramotswe. But with the help from some supportive shoes, who never let a body hide from the truth, everyone is soon back in step.


I am always gently refreshed when I visit Botswana and the people at the #1 Ladies Detective Agency and Tlokweng Speedy Motors.






Actually, I've just about finished book 1, Miss Julia Speaks her mind and have brought home Book 2 - which tells you I liked the first book enough to read more.
Miss Julia is one of those people who does the right thing because it's the right thing to do - even when it's the hard thing to do. One of my favorite sorts of
people. I've known about these books a long time. Just getting around to reading them. Unfortunately, book 2, Miss Julia takes over didn't hold me tightly enough to read it thoroughly and I probably won't be reading any more in the series for the time being. I got a little tired of all the stock characthers. And I never did get a feel for just how old Miss Julia is.

I've moved on to other things.

No comments: